With Halloween only a few days away, I am really getting in the mood for all things spooky. I shared my Halloween 2016 Must Haves the other day and today I will be sharing with you a disgusting looking (yet very tasty) Halloween Hocus Pocus Pea Soup!
The recipe come from Discount Supplements who have put together a few healthy Halloween recipes. I decided to give their Pea Soup a go.
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil (available to buy here)
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 fresh cut chives
- 5 cups of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- 2 cups of water
1. In a large pan , cook the coconut oil and onion, over a medium to low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until soft. Add the stock and water and bring to the boi
2. Add the peas and cook for around 5 minutes until tender. Take the pan of the heat and add the fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Then pour half the mixture into a blender and puree until the mixture is creamy. Add the puree back in to the pan, mix slightly then pour into bowls. Garnish with chives, pea shoots, pumpkin seeds, etc.
Now, this Hocus Pocus Pea Soup may look rather revolting, but it tastes really delicious! And making it with the coconut oil makes all the difference and give it a really nice a yummy flavour. This would make perfect starter if you are having a Halloween meal or you could use it as a dip served with some crusty bread.
This doesn’t have to be just for Halloween either. It is just so nice, I think this will be one meal I will be having a lot through Autumn and Winter. It’s really great comfort food and really feeling too. And best of all, it’s nice and healthy and one of your 5 a day.
Do you have any yummy Halloween recipes? I would love for you to share them with me in the comments
I received the ingredients to make this soup.All opinions are mine