I love my desserts and sweet treats. If they had no calories in, I would eat them all day long. I was asked by After Eight if I would like to take part in their#AfterEightBakes challenge. Now, I love my mint chocolate, I have always been a big fan since I was little, and After Eights are one of my favourites, so I had to do it. I had a go at making the White Chocolate & After Eight Mousse. I love mousse’s too, but most pre-bought ones aren’t suitable for vegetarians, so I was surprised at how easy this was to make and how little ingredients I needed.
- 150g white chocolate
- 300ml whipping cream
- about 6-8 After Eights
- Chocolate balls for decoration
- In a pan melt the chocolate and half of the cream until melted. But don’t over cook. Then leave to cool.
- Chop the after eights into small pieces then add them to the cooled mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk the rest of the cream until light and fluffy. Then fold it into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into dessert glasses and refrigerate until set.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle on some chocolate balls and add an After Eight
I really couldn’t believe how easy this was to make! The original recipe uses pistachios and cranberries for the decoration, but I don’t like pistachios and the kids don’t like them either. so I swapped them for the chocolate balls. The mousse was delicious!! You could really taste the white chocolate and the mint in there too. It was so nice. This is actually one of my favourite desserts I have ever had. And I made it!! Which I still can’t believe how easy it was. And this recipe can easily be adapted. Instead of white chocolate maybe use chocolate orange instead or just leave the mint out if you’re not a fan (like my husband, I ate his!) Or White chocolate with some raspberries or sauce on top would be nice too.
Have you ever made a mousse before?
You may also like :
Cadbury’s Button Owl Cake
Cherry & Orange Trifle
I was sent out the ingredient to make this Mousse. All opinions are mine