Now it’s the new year i’m looking to start eating more healthy again. All that stodgy Christmas food has left me feeling bloated and tired, so now i’m changing my diet to more healthy food. This Sweet Potato & Chickpea Stew is yummy. And the kids liked it too. Bonus!
- Sweet Potatoes
- tin of Chickpeas
- frozen mix veg
- broccoli (frozen or fresh)
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- tin of chopped tomatoes
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1tsp of ground cumin, coriander & turmeric
- 15g butter
- 2tbsp olive oil
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the oil. Add chopped sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, add all the spices and herbs and mix. cook until potato starts to get tender.
2. Add the broccoli, frozen veg, chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and stock. Then bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until all veg is tender.
3. Plate up and sprinkle with coriander and serve with rice or couscous.
You’ll noticed that I don’t give measurements of the veg. That’s because I just add the amount I wont, which can be different each time.
This post may contain affiliate links
See my full disclosure