Good morning Everyone. This is Kimberly from My Pinterest Reality
. I’m not sure about you but here in the Northeast they’re saying there’s a chance of snow
next week for Halloween. It would only be here where one day it’s in the 80’s and the next there is a chance of snow. I love, love, love making soups
on cold days. There is a comfort
to eating soup on a day you just don’t want to leave the house.
I have a great soup for you…
I ‘pinned’ it a while ago and have been dying to share it. At first I was a little thrown off by the blue cheese but trust me, it adds to the flavor. This is a great alternative to your everyday tomato soup. I hope you all enjoy and stay warm this weekend.
1 small onion chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 28 ounce can of tomatoes (or fresh if you have them)
1 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
2 T. honey
1 small squirt of sriracha (start with a little and add if you’d like more)
A handful of fresh basil leaves
About an ounce of blue cheese
1/3 cup of cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil on low heat.
2. Add the chopped onion, garlic and salt to taste. Saute for about 5 minutes or until the onions look glassy.
3. Add the tomatoes with their juice.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the cream and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Using your submersion blender, blend the mixer to the consistency you prefer.
6. Once you have consistency you enjoy, add the cream and stir.
7. Add more salt, pepper, blue cheese or sriracha sauce to taste. Enjoy.
Linking to some of these great parties