1. After the normal chores do an extra 10-15 minutes doing just one thing. This could be cleaning the cupboards, sorting your photos out, cleaning out behind the sofa. Just make sure you spend no more than 15 minutes a day
2. Find a place for everything. This might sound easy enough, but when you’re disorganized this can be the hardest thing ever!
3. Use boxes and containers in drawers. Don’t you just hate it when you open a drawer to look for something and the contents is scattered everywhere? And use Velcro to hold them in place
4. Keep a basket at the bottom of the stairs for things that need to be took up late
5. Never leave a room without taking something with you. This could be taking a mug back into the kitchen. Take the kids toys with you and pop them in the basket on the stairs. And if you go upstairs, take a basket with you.
6. Do a load of laundry everyday! you might have a certain day that you do all the laundry every week, but who want’s to spend an whole day sorting through dirty clothes. Do one load everyday to keep the washing down, and then it won’t seem like you’re doing that much.
7. Dust and fold the laundry while on the phone. My mum is always ringing me and sometimes I can be on the phone to her for a good hour! While I’m chatting away nothing is getting done. but a bit of dusting can easily be done while on the phone
8. Set up a donation station. Have a box where you can put things you don’t need or want any more and when it’s full donate it to your local charity shop.
9. Give the kids chores. Give each child age appropriate chores that they have to do each week and in return get a reward. See my reward points here
10. Make everyone take their shoes off when they enter your house. This might sound a bit rude to your guests making them all take their shoes off, but you’ll be surprised at how much dirt is actually brought in the house on our shoes. If you want you carpets staying nice a clean this one is a must!
An easy way for a place to store possessions are in baskets, cardboard boxes and tubs